Parking pain (1)
Tuesday, 29 August 2017
- Searching for parking
- Paying for more parking time than required
- Parking fines
- Motorists spend an average of nearly nine minutes in pursuit of a parking space.
- Motorists waste more than 40 hours (UK 44, DE 41) a year in search of parking.
- more than 40% of all motorists said they avoided driving to shops, and
- almost one in three gave up on reaching their destination due to parking problems.
Parking pain also has non-economic impacts such as causing stress and leading to arguments with fellow motorists.
- large and growing populations,
- vibrant economies,
- relatively cheap motoring, and
- dense urban environments.
An extract from INRIX Research The Impact of Parking Pain