Grote Markt, Tongeren
The 126 spaces, three storey underground car park represents the highest quality standards of design, convenience, safety and customer service.
To complement the car park with its surrounding, the little square located above the parking was refurbished together with the car park upgrade. Trees were planted which was welcomed by the residents in the neighbourhood.
New ramp to increase accessibility
In the old situation, layers –2 and –3 were poorly accessible due to an existing 2-way ramp on level –2. This, in combination with some other factors, made the two lowest levels almost unaccessible.
The existing 2-way ramp was transformed into a 1-way ramp, and an additional ramp was build in the middle of the existing car park. This adaption not only made the levels –2 and –3 more accessible, it also improved the overall routing in the car park.
The overall layout is based on our proprietary 1-way system in a counter clockwise direction moving through the different levels. This 1-way system is safer to both motorist and pedestrians.
The majority of parking spaces are wide angled for easier parking.
Key features include:
- Increased amount parking spaces from 50 to 126
- Parking spaces on 3 levels accessible by creating an additional ramp
- Improved internal and external signage
- The parking has an unique location directly reachable from the ringway
- Adjustments especially for pedestrians
- Renovated internal and external look
- Closed barrier and speedgates to create a safe & well functioning parking facility
- Easy motorist and pedestrian navigation throughout
- Highest level of customer services
“A quality upgrade - increasing accessibility.”